Walk-in Showers: Simple, Sexy, Streamlined Shower Designs
How many of us can say we love our showers? For most of us, the shower is simply a practical necessity – a place to clean before starting our day. But what if we could transform this mundane task into an enjoyable experience? That’s where walk-in showers come in.
Walk-in showers are becoming increasingly popular in homes and hotels for their simple, sexy, streamlined design. And there are plenty of upsells that can make your shower even more luxurious, like rain shower heads and built-in benches. So, if you’re looking to upgrade your shower, read on for some inspiration!
What Are the Benefits of a Walk-in Shower Design for Your Home Renovation Project?
1. More Aesthetically Pleasing
One of the primary benefits of a walk-in shower design is that it is more aesthetically pleasing than a traditional one. Walk-in showers are typically more open and airy, giving your bathroom a more spacious feel. Additionally, walk-in showers can be customized with various features, such as tile work, glass doors, and rainfall showerheads, which can add visual interest to your bathroom.
2. More Accessible
Another benefit of walk-in showers is that they are more accessible than traditional showers. If you have mobility issues or are elderly, a walk-in shower can make it easier to bathe without stepping over a high threshold. Additionally, walk-in showers often have grab bars and built-in seats, which can further improve their accessibility.
3. Easier to Clean
Walk-in showers are also easier to clean than traditional showers. Because there is no tub to scrub, you can simply spray down your walk-in shower with a hose or a power washer to remove any dirt or grime. Additionally, walk-in showers typically have fewer nooks and crannies than traditional showers, making it less likely for mold and mildew to build up.
4. More Energy Efficient
Another benefit of walk-in showers is that they are more energy efficient than traditional showers. Because walk-in showers do not require a hot tub to heat, they use less water and energy overall. This can help to lower your monthly utility bills and reduce your carbon footprint.
5. Increased Home Value
Finally, installing a walk-in shower in your home can also increase its value. Because walk-in showers are seen as a luxury feature, potential buyers may be willing to pay more for a home with one. Additionally, if you ever decide to sell your home, having a walk-in shower may help it sell faster than a traditional shower design.
What Style and Features Should You Consider When Designing Your Perfect Walk-in Shower?
When designing your perfect walk-in shower, there are a few key features to consider:
- Shower Base: The base of the shower should be large enough and level enough for comfortable use. It can also be customized with various sizes, shapes, and materials, such as tiled or acrylic surfaces, for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Walls: You also have options for the walls around your shower. Choose between tile, stone, marble, glass blocks, or even waterproof paint finishes to match any style of bathroom you desire.
- Doors: Sliding doors provide ease of access while saving on space in the bathroom compared to hinged doors. They come in various sizes and materials, including frameless glass.
- Showerhead: You can choose a handheld showerhead or an overhead one for the most comfortable cleaning experience possible. Additionally, you may choose from various styles of water jets that provide soothing massage action during the rinse.
- Accessories: There are several options for adding storage and decor to your walk-in showers, such as corner shelves, towel bars, and even built-in benches to store essentials or just relax in luxury after a nice hot shower.
Considering these features when designing your perfect walk-in shower, you can create a beautiful and luxurious space to enjoy every day.
Maintenance Tips for Keeping Your New Walk-in Shower Looking Great for Years to Come
- Keep the glass clean. The first and most obvious tip is to keep the glass clean. Use a squeegee after every shower to remove water from the glass. This will help to prevent soap scum and mineral deposits from building up on the glass.
- Use a mild cleaner. A mild cleaner, such as vinegar or dish soap. Avoid using harsh cleaners as they can damage the glass.
- Avoid using abrasive scrubbers. Avoid using abrasive scrubbers, such as steel wool or pads when cleaning the glass. These can scratch the glass and make it more susceptible to soap scum and mineral deposits.
- Dry the glass after showering. After you shower, make sure to dry off the glass with a clean towel. This will help to prevent water spots from forming on the glass.
- Inspect the caulking and seals. Check the caulking and seals around your shower for any cracks or gaps. If you find any, replace them immediately to prevent water damage.
Get In Touch!
Contact our bathroom remodeling experts today if you want help designing or installing a walk-in shower in your home. We can help you find the perfect design for your needs and provide expert installation services.